Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Total Runway Junkie @ The Dallas Pin Show

The Oscars just passed and I feel a little late with this post, but I'm gonna do it anyway because there were some designers who really stood out at the Pin Show. I've even decided to do my own little awards for "BEST OF". Enjoy!

HONORABLE MENTION

Meline Collection


MegMorgan


MOST COMMERCIAL

CarmenIris

I don't mean commercial in a bad way, but most likely to be carried in a store because she translated some great look unto plus-size bodies. I know so many girls who are just waiting for clothing this fashionable.








THE GIRLY AWARD

Rachelle Briton Designs
The ruffles and pastels really made this collection cute and fresh.


CLOSET AWARD

2Enju

As in this collection needs to be in my closet. The designer Julie McCullough Kim is also the founder and shop-gal of Make Shop * Studio and the Urban Street Bazaar as well as co-founder and executive producer of The Pin Show.










ROCKED IT! AWARD

Jet Set Swimwear

There's something about this swimsuit the just grabs you...
Maybe it's my affinity to the British flag in designs...














BEST OF SHOW

Natalie Harris Bridal

This dress gets it because it elicited a greater response from the crowd. I even heard a few people behind me compare it to Oscar de la Renta. It was a bit of a showstopper.



Click To See Runway Photos Part 1
Click To See Runway Photos Part 2








@ THE SHOW STREET SNAP

Best of the Best Dressed

Click Pictures to Enlarge



1 comment:

txdesigner said...

Thank you for your kind words! It's amazing to hear the crowd response about BOTH collections from your perspective! I just added video clips to JetSetSwim.com today, and it is fun to watch which styles get the most camera flashes. ;)